Frequently Asked Questions


Can an employer or spouse complete my license renewal?

No. Each Manufactured Housing licensee must complete his/her own renewal application and answer the personal/history questions themselves. The licensee is responsible for his/her answers and will have to attest to that during the renewal process.

If I do not have a credit/debit card, can I complete the online renewal application and mail in a check or money order separately to pay the fee?

Yes, however, your license will not be renewed until the payment is received and processed.

How do I submit my proof of insurance and SLED report when I renew my license online?

Before you can renew your license online you must submit your bond continuation or new Surety Bond and Power of Attorney with your SLED report. You may either mail these documents, or use Document Submission on our website by logging in with your renewal information and uploading any necessary documents. Be aware that new surety bonds must be mailed with an original signature and the accompanying Power of Attorney, while bond continuations may be uploaded to the Document Submission. Please allow time for documents to be received and processed before going to the website to complete your license renewal.


Can I apply for an Apprentice License if I previously held a Salesperson’s License?

If you have held a South Carolina Manufactured Housing Salesperson’s License at any time in the past you are not eligible for an Apprentice License. The Apprentice License is given to someone who has never held a license with the Board.

Can I renew my Apprentice License?

The Apprentice License is non-renewable. This license is valid for 120 days. After 120 days the next step is to apply for a Salesperson’s License.


Can I use a previously submitted SLED Report for my license renewal?

No. SLED Reports are only valid for 30 days.

How do I get a SLED Report?

You can go to the to obtain a report.

Is there a fee for a SLED Report?

Yes. There is a twenty-five-dollar ($25) fee, payable by credit card.


How many continuing education credits do I need to renew my license?

For the 2020-2022 renewal cycle only, you are required to have 4 continuing education credits. After the 2020-2022 renewal cycle, 6 total hours of continuing education will be required for each subsequent two-year license cycle.

If I have extra continuing education credits for the current licensing period can those credits be transferred to the next renewal season?

No. Continuing education credits only apply to the current license cycle.

How do I register for continuing education classes?

Review the Roster of classes on our website under Continuing Education, Requirements & Forms, Approved Courses. Click link,, at the top of the Roster for information on registering.