All individuals engaging in dietetics or tele-dietetics must hold a valid license with the South Carolina Panel for Dietetics. A person is qualified to receive a certificate of licensure if the following requirements are met:

For Licensure by Registration:

  • Currently registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)

For Licensure by Examination:

  • Has passed an examination provided by Panel-approved examination provider; and
  • holds a baccalaureate or master's degree in human nutrition, nutrition education, foods and nutrition, public health nutrition, or an equivalent major course of study from a regionally accredited college or university.

Application Process

  1. Application - In addition to the completed application, the following must also be sent:

      a. Application Fee: Check or money order only, in the amount of $175 made payable to SC Panel for Dietetics (Fees are non-refundable). A returned check fee of up to $30, or an amount specified by law, may be assessed on all returned funds. NO CASH IS ACCEPTED

      b. Identification:

      • i. Copy of valid driver's license, state-issued ID, or passport
      • ii. Copy of signed Social Security Card

      c. CDR Registration: Copy of current signed CDR card, if applying for Licensure by Registration

      d. Legal documentation of name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.), if applicable

      e. Notarized Verification of Lawful Presence

  2. Documents to be sent directly to the Panel office from issuing agency/institution

      a. Education Verification: Contact your college/university to request an official copy of your transcript be sent directly to the Panel office. Transcripts may be accepted via electronic transcript or mail. Unsealed transcripts submitted with applications will not be accepted.

      Electronic transcripts must have as the intended recipient.

      Foreign-educated Applicants - academic credentials must be independently validated as equivalent by an accreditation agency that is recognized by ''the commission on recognition of post-secondary accreditation,'' or its predecessor, or have the applicant's academic credentials independently validated by an agency specializing in education evaluations which is acceptable to the panel. A copy of the validation shall be attached to the application as part of the application.

      b. License Verification: Contact the state board(s) where you are currently or have been previously licensed with and have the verification mailed or emailed directly to the Panel office. We will accept a state board-issued form.

Application and fee will be kept on file for twelve (12) months; thereafter, a new application and fee are required.