A current South Carolina license is required to engage in professional massage services in this state, as defined in S.C. Code of Laws Title 40 Chapter 30 and South Carolina Code of Regulations Chapter 77.


In order to apply for licensure an applicant must submit the following:

    1. Copy of Social Security Card

    2. Copy of Driver’s license, State issued ID, or Passport

    3. 2x2 passport sized photo

    4. Copy of legal name change document (marriage license, divorce decree, etc)

    5. Copy of current massage/bodywork license; this does not serve as a substitute for the verification needed. (if applicable)

    6. A Copy of a High School Diploma or high school transcript or Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED)

    7. Copy of either having passed the National Certification Examination (NCE) or the Federation of States Examination (MBLex). Copy must reflect numeric score. Note: After November 1, 2014, the NCE will no longer be offered.

    Applicants who are applying by endorsement (those licensed in another state)

  • The above requirements apply and the applicant must have a verification sent directly to the Panel’s office.
  • Reinstatement Applicants

  • $210.00 - Check or money order made payable to LLR - Massage Therapy Panel. Application fee is non-refundable. A returned check fee of up to $30, or an amount specified by law, may be assessed on all returned funds.
  • The Verification of Lawful Presence Form (attached).
  • Clear and legible copy of your valid Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Passport or Military ID.
  • Copy of your Social Security Card.
  • Legal name change document, if applicable.
  • A 2”x2” professional photo (Passport Type Photo).

Continuing Education (CE) hours taken to reinstate your license must comply with the guidelines outlined in the SC Code of Laws Section 40-30-190 (1)(B). Please provide copies of your CE certificates from approved providers for each year that your license has been lapsed. If your license has been expired for more than one year, the license is void and you must begin the licensure process over, which includes but is not limited to passing the MBLEx for re-entry into the profession.