Today's Date:
Board Meetings
          Board Members
          Licensee Lookup
          Licensure with the Board
          Applications and Forms
          Renew Your License
          Change Your Address
          Application status
          Print copy of your license
          Laws and Policies
          Publications / News
          FOIA Requests
          Related Links
          License Status Changes
Complaints / Board Orders
          File a Complaint
          Board Orders
          What can I expect when a complaint
          is filed against me?
Contact Us
        Board Phone:(803) 896-4686
        Administrator:Roger K. Lowe
        Board Staff:Rhonda Jackson
        Board Staff:Faith Howell
        Board Staff:Chanda Davis
        Board Staff:Lee English
        Board Staff:Carol Paquet
        Board Staff:Shakera Thomas
        Board Staff:Yolanda Barnes
        Advice Counsel:   Georgia Lewis   **
        Directions:110 Centerview Dr, Columbia SC

**The Office of Advice Counsel is responsible for
providing legal advice to all Boards, Commissions
and Panels. These attorneys do not provide legal
advice to parties outside LLR.

South Carolina Contractor's Licensing Board

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Compliance Issues

If I file a formal complaint, are there issues that the licensing board cannot address?

The Board cannot address contractual, monetary or cosmetic issues. The board will not address construction complaints if the structure is ten years or older. After this point, it becomes a civil matter.

How do I obtain a complaint form?

You may download the complaint form directly from the Internet, or call the Fax On Demand phone line at (888) 269-7646, to have Document #110 (pdf) faxed to your fax machine.

If an owner of a commercial/industrial plant is adding on or remodeling, can he use his own employees (i.e., maintenance staff) to do the work?

No, not if the work exceeds $5,000. If the plant owner has an employee and the employee has a commercial license, he could contract with the plant to do the work. The plant owner cannot tell him not to meet code to save money. He must obtain a building permit under his license and be responsible for all work performed. If the licensed employee wanted to hire plant employees or allow them to do the work to perform work that is covered under his license, he would have to supervise their work and be responsible for their work.

Synergy Business Park; Kingstree Building
110 Centerview Dr.
Columbia, S.C. 29210
(803) 896-4300 | Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Privacy | Disclaimer | Other Languages | Report State Agency Fraud (Office of the Inspector General)