South Carolina Residential Builders Commission
How Can I Become a Licensed Home Builder?
To become licensed as a home builder in South Carolina, you are required to:
- File a written application as required by the Commission.
- Submit a certified check, cashiers check or money order for $100 for the application fee.
- Submit an affidavit showing proof of at least one year actual experience under the supervision of a licensed builder.
- Pass an examination given by PSI
- Pay a $160 license fee (certified check or money order) and provide proper financial responsibility.
A license may be granted without examination to those builders in good standing in other states deemed by the Commission to have comparable exams.
The license must be renewed every 2 years.