Molly Price Theresa Garner Georgia Lewis
The SC Board of Registration for Foresters utilizes the Society of American Foresters' (SAF) Certified Forester Examination. The exam is administered by SAF in computer-based format.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING FOR EXAMINATION AS A REGISTERED FORESTER
Prior to application submission, applicants must have a four-year degree from an approved forestry school OR six years of Board approved experience under a professional forester in order to be eligible to take the examination for registration. When submitting an application to the Board office, the requirements are as follows:
(1) Complete the Board application form in its entirety. (Must include notarized signature.) Complete the affidavit of eligibility form.
(2) Obtain a check or postal money order in the amount of $50 for the application fee. Applicants that have obtained two years of forestry experience must also include the $130 registration fee.
(3) Applicant must submit proof of completion of:
(a) a four-year degree or
(b) six years of experience acceptable to the Board. (Six years of experience must be approved by the Board prior to being approved for an exam.) You must show experience in written form of the following fields:
(4) If applicant is applying under the six years of experience, you must complete the top portion only of the Employment Verification/Reference and Professional/Personal Reference forms. Send these forms to the individuals or entities that will complete the forms and forward them to our office.
(5) Along with the application, applicants must submit a criminal history conviction record from the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) or equivalent agency located in the applicant's resident state.
(6) Complete a Request for Exam Administration form. (Must include notarized signature)
Mail the required materials to:
South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Board of Registration for Foresters
Post Office Box 11329
Columbia, South Carolina 29211-1329
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THE ENTIRE PACKET IS COMPLETED.
The Board Office will notify the Society of American Foresters once an applicant has been approved to take the examination. SAF will send examination information directly to exam candidates.