1. The in-state employment and educational and operating experience requirements used to determine an applicant's eligibility for certification by reciprocity will be the same as those used for all other applicants.
2. Certification by reciprocity will be granted only to those applicants who have passed an appropriate (in terms of grade) examination in the state in which the applicant is certified. Should the staff question whether a particular examination is a valid measure of the competence and knowledge needed to merit certification in South Carolina, the staff is authorized to request a copy of such examination from the state in question, to review the examination and, if still unsatisfied with the examination, to bring the matter before the Board as a special case.
3. No applicant for certification by reciprocity will be granted certification in South Carolina until the applicant's standing and qualifications in his or her state of origin have been verified in writing by the appropriate official in the state of origin.
4. The staff is authorized to request certification information from appropriate officials in any state and from the Associations or Boards of Certification (ABC) when such information is deemed necessary to determine the eligibility of an applicant for certification by reciprocity or might otherwise be useful in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Board.
5. An application for certification by reciprocity will be treated as a routine certification request and will not be brought before the Board as a special case unless some unusual or questionable circumstance is involved.