South Carolina Board of Cosmetology
Online Application Instructions Instructions for Cosmetologist, Esthetician and Nail Technician Licensure Through Endorsement
Read Instructions Carefully Before Completing Application
You will need to upload or supply the below information before your application can be processed.
- Provide a copy of two forms of ID; One current Photo (1 ½ by 1 ¼) such as a social security card, birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, student ID, drivers license or passport.
- You must provide proof of 10th grade or greater education. All foreign applicants educated outside the United States MUST use one of the credentialing services listed below to translate foreign documents:
- Submit evidence of having completed a 10th grade education or greater. You may attach a copy of your high school diploma, GED or high school transcript showing you completed the 10th grade.
- You must have a current license in order to submit an application for endorsement. If your license is not current, you must make it current before applying to SC for endorsement. Submit official licensure verification from the state where you have successfully passed the National Interstate Council (NIC) examination both written and practical. The verification should be mailed directly to this office. The verification must include the State seal and must reflect if you have taken a state exam or a nationally recognized exam. We will not accept an original or a copy of your license as proof of certification.
- Submit verification of education / training from the beauty school you attended. You may submit a school transcript showing you successfully completed the appropriate number of classroom hours for graduation. Number of hours per license are listed below:
(a) Cosmetology 1500 hours
(b) Esthetician 450 hours
(c) Nail Technician 300 hours
- Pay the application/license fee in the amount of $60 you may use a credit card or check. APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
Your application will not be considered for licensure until the Entire packet is complete. If the application is incomplete you will be notified by mail. Please allow up to 14 business days for processing from the date the application was received in this office. Once your application is processed, you may check on the application status using our online services at: www.llr.state.sc.us/pol.asp
From the online application option select Cosmetology for the Division and then the proper application you are applying for Cosmetology; Esthetician; or Nail Technician.